Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Memories



When I was little my Grandparents had the only VCR around seems like, and my cousins and I wore it out watching The Wizard of Oz, The Slipper and the Rose (Cinderella), and Nadia. We would love to play that we were gymnasts just like Nadia. Once in a while I search for this movie, and I finally found it. Now I hear that it has been out for a while, I just looked in the wrong places. I watched it again today while Jill was taking her nap. It is amazing how I remember the words, the music, and the sweet feeling as she got her perfect 10! It has probably been 20 years since I have watched it. It was a lovely, memorable afternoon.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - I love that movie too! Doug bought me the VHS version a couple years after we were married and I was so surprised. It's definitely a good flick. Hmmmm...I guess I need to check out the DVD though.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I loved this movie too. I think she was an inspiration for many in our generation.

Unknown said...

I love this too, and have borrowed Steph's before. Matt thinks it is super corny, but I think I need to own that one.

jennsekona said...

i want to get it too, everytime the olympics are on i think of her and the movie and how i wanted to be in gymnastics and jump in the foam pit etc, i think my kids would love it too!

Erica said...

I remember this movie too. Funny that we were all impressed by it.
Oh, and I love the new look to your blog!

Kelly said...

Every time the summer olympics comes around I can't help but think about Nadia. I need to watch it again.

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

me and megan used to watch that every weekend when we were little!! where did you find it?

Amy said...

i found it on ebay and amazon

Bethany C. said...

My sisters and I loved this movie! We recently watched it again at our sister's reunion. How funny. :)