Saturday, January 3, 2009

Potty Training is of the devil.............

This is the direct quote from my sister, who has gone through this with her two cherubs. So I decided this second week of Christmas vacation, I would attack it full force. We didn't have much going on, so here we go. All undies, no more diapers. I was ready with beach towels on the couches, in her bed. She wore all "play" clothes (what two-year old clothes aren't play?) We stayed home most of the week. I am proud to say that we are pretty much there. She only wet the bed on the first night. She has had some accidents, but I think we are through the tough part. I am nervous about going to church tomorrow, with a new class, new time and such. But I can say that this was a frustrating and rewarding week. Jill is so excited about her big girl panties (thank you Elmo and Ariel). She loves her rewards, check out the pics that follow. We are potty trained! I am just as much trained as she is, with reminders, extra undies, etc. Gary is loving this as well, no more changing diapers or buying them. Wahoo!!!!



Had to throw this one in. Gary was so proud of himself, he did her hair, and had to document it.

8 comments:

Lara said...

I wish i was THERE. I'm going crazy. good for you though!

Erica said...

Yeah for Jill!!! What an accomplishment for all of you really. Seriously, whoever created underwear with characters on it was brilliant! Also, I am way impressed with Gary's hair job!

The Max Family said...

Congrats amy and Jill, We are in this same boat with Alexis who will be 3 in a month so I need to get my self in gear and takel it. I dread it as Karlie was so very hard to potty train but once Karlie got it that was it no accidents day or night, cross you fingers for me that it goes easy with this last baby of mine!!!!

Kelly Max
maxfamily4.blogspot.com

The Max Family said...

oh and I almost forgot to say Gary I am impressed over jills cute hair way to go daddy!!!!

Your, Cousin Kelly

tennille said...

Way to go Jill! I was curious, did Gary do the braids or the pony tail? Either way I'm very impressed!

Amy said...

he did the pony tail. Though I have taught him braids. I tell him he needs to keep up with Rob!

Mommy Madness said...

I totally agree with your title for this posting... Bree is so fickle when it comes to potty training. One day she wants to, then she's go weeks with NO INTEREST! Unfortunately for her, the last time I bought diapers for her, I accidently got the size too small. Maybe suffering with tight diapers will encourage her to ditch them.

Jessica said...

good for you....we tried a lot with samantha but changing her pull up and a 2 week old baby at the same time was were a drew the line and it was all panties from there. We are just now trying to do the panties at night but our little girl sleeps like the dead so we are a littl leary of having to wake her in the middle of the night to go potty. Great job with the hair Gary!! If it were up to Jeremiah he would let Samantha have bedhead every day.