Sunday, October 5, 2008

life......

I have a cold and I can't sleep. Weird. So I am up on the computer blogging. After a wonderful conference weekend, I am basking in the spirit of inspiration to improve, remember and be more grateful. I am grateful for my family, a roof over my head, food in my cupboards. I am grateful to be a member of the CHurch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Tonight I was feeling pretty miserable and little J was throwing a fit. She has been impossible all day. Everything was "no!" Do you want to play with your barn.... no. Do you want a cracker..... no! Do you want to sit with Daddy .... no. So as I was running out of things to ask, I was flipping through the channels and there was my deliverance..... the 1982 edition of Annie. We have watched it a time or two before, but not like this. She was up and dancing, trying to sing, and so happy watching these little girls dance, hang from banisters and jump on beds. I was so excited to see her interest. Whenever I think of Annie, I think of my friend Shelly (who now is my sister-in- law.) We used to dress up, dance and sing all day to our record on our fisher-price record player. I remember selling "tickets" to our show using our clothes hamper as the ticket booth. And putting on our show in my living room. Such fun memories. Hopefully Jill will love it as much as her aunt and I do.


Another funny thing. Jill always asks "what was that?" when she hears something like the garbage disposal or a car pass by. On Saturday as Katie and I and the kiddies were yard sale-ing ,we heard the train whistle blow. Jill asks "what was that, a choo choo." I guess we have moved on to questioning and answering all in the same breath.


I asked Jill to smile for the pic, and this is what I got.

We were saying our prayers the other night and this is what she looked like, I had to say, let's say them again, just so I could get a pic of this.

Daddy and Jill cooking a meal in the Dutch oven, getting it ready for the hunting trip

Jill decided that her doll bed was good enough for her.
Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those pictures of Jill are ADORABLE. I need to whip out my camera more often so that I can get Paige in prayer-mode.

I hope you feel better soon!

The Max Family said...

Jill you are so...... cute:)

I think you and my little miss Lexi would have fun playing together!! Have a great Halloween, what are you going to be??

Kelly Max and Family :)

Jessica said...

Sometimes as parents we think are kids will never talk and then with girls it's like over night they turn into these teenage like girls that never stop talking....enjoy soon she will be telling you much more and you will wish for the simple days when she only had a handful of words to say.

Jodi said...

she is so cute and the prayer picture is so sweet!!

Da Dandy Davis' said...

Hope that you are all feeling better! I can't believe how fast Jill is growing up!