Monday, June 2, 2008

disgusting....



This is not my child, but my child has this virus. She had a fever on Fri-Sat. then I noticed some bumps on her bottom, a few on her knees and hands. Then Sunday morning we woke up to find her whole bottom and hands covered!!! It is so awful looking, I can't even describe. It is hand,foot, and mouth disease. It is painless, goes away in a week, but looks nasty. According to my mom and mother-in-law all of us kids got it, most kids get it at school, and it is no big deal. I have a hard time thinking it is no big deal with my little girls bum looks like a war-zone. So needless to say we are disinfecting today and not going anywhere until it is gone.

5 comments:

Steck family said...

Awe poor Jill! Thank goodness it's painless! I hope that she has a speedy recovery!

Ryan Burt said...

My neice got this once and the bumps went down her throat, and started bleeding. She had to have narcotic medicine because it hurt so bad. I hope Jill's doesn't get this bad, but I thought you should know sometime it is painful. Hope that helps, and that Jilly gets better soon!

Alyse Burt said...

Sorry, Ryan was logged in and I didn't notice!

Stephanie said...

Oh, that's sad!! I remember Matt had this at my 8th grade graduation. We have a video and he is looking out the window while everyone is outside. It was sad. Poor Jilly.

Erica said...

Poor baby! Owen had this and he was miserable! I am kind of late in commenting, but if she is in pain let me know and I will tell you what to rinse her mouth with. :)