Saturday, August 29, 2009

feeling blessed


Looks like Audrey is tickling Jill........

Last night Katie and Eric got to go see Jason Mraz, a pre-baby date. It was going to be pretty late, so we put this kiddos to bed. Jill has been asking all day, "Where did Audrey and Jack go?" I have had to repeat myself multiple times, saying they went home. I think she thinks there are supposed to be living with us now.......

Today has been a long day. Good and long.

I am sitting here playing a game on the computer trying to get sleepy to go to bed. Jill is still awake and I am listening to her talk to her toys and "read" her books. Now she is whining saying she wants Daddy.......

I am listening to Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They are my favorite.
Consider the Lilies and I believe in Christ are my favorites.

This week has been a bit stressful and has worn me down. Gary's work has been a bit stressful as well. I was feeling particularly sorry for myself and down in the dumps. As I was feeling this way, I got a call that a woman in our ward was in the hospital. Now this isn't just any woman, this is who my husband would also call his Grandma. Her name is Leafy Gardner. I love her name.

I went to visit her. It was a 2 hour visit. I was enveloped by her love, her spirit and her knowledge. There were several times where I was in tears by some of the counsel she gave and the responses she gave to some things we have been going thru. She told me how much she loved me and Gary. She talked of the love she has for her family and her husband. I love her stories about growing up, eating everything on her plate because you never knew when there would be more food and having to do her homework by a kerosene lamp, so she is used to the dark. I could see she was getting tired but I didn't want to leave.


I came away from the visit believing I was on the receiving end more than she. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute little pictures! How great to sit and visit with Leafy for so long. Talking to older people makes me realize how much we have and how complicated our lives have become. What's to come?

Jessica said...

it's amazing how the Lord finds the perfect way not only for us to be of service to others but to during that service feel lifted. When things are tough and trust me they are though I just try to find ways to serve others. I sign up to takes dinner to people at church, make food for a funeral, or just stop by to say hello to someone; in the process I find that the Lord knows me and I forget all that I worry about.

Jessica said...

Amy, I am using jessicas log in as for some reason I cant log into your blog, I have been able to log in in the past.Will you add me to your list of viewers pls.. I have to continue to follow this sweet little girl :)

Kelly Max
www.maxfamily4.blogspot.com
tmaxfamily4@aol.com

The Max Family said...

Amy,

I had a chance to talk with a brother and sister from the store house here in fresno this week they were so nice and as we got to talking she said her and her husband had a chance to serve a mission in the mylassa syngapoe mission I said" oh I had a cousin go there" she was wondering when Gary served and who the mission pres was?? She said her and her husband stayed in the pj house and served in 2004-2005 so I am not sure Gary would have known them or not. They are brother and sister wallwork??I dont have your email sothis was the next bets way to talk to you lol :)

Kelly Max