Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Frustration.....

In this day in age a job is a good thing to have and to hold on to.


I left my job to be a mother, then times got tough.  I worked part time for the last two years, and on May 12, found out the part-time program I work for was being cut.  

I applied for a job, got passed over for a coach, second time in my life that has happened.  On the day of my interview found out I could have taken up to three years leave of absence to raise my child beyond babyhood, and then could have picked up where I left off.   Why wasn't I informed of this?

I am a little bummed this evening.  A walk and some ice cream helped, but not enough.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so so so sorry!! Really? A three year leave of absence? Why didn't they tell you??!!

I hope you find something soon! We'll keep you in our prayers.Love you!

The Max Family said...

Amy you will be in our thoughts and prayers, Hang in there :)

Kelly Max

Anonymous said...

That is very frustrating to find this out after several disappointments. These things always have a way of working themselves out, though.

Jessica said...

Every day/week in my life it's something new, some new challange that could cause me to break but then I look at my kids. Your blessings from staying home and making that choice will be boundless you just might not get them now. Something will work out, it always does. You made the right choice!