Monday, January 14, 2008

a sad story

I belong to a website group, gymbohaven.com. And one of our fellow members and her four children were killed in a drinking and driving collision. So awful! As a health teacher and a wife/mom this is one of the things that makes me SOOO ANGRY. How can a person put themselves, but more importantly, so many others at risk by their carelessness. I am grateful that alcohol has never been a part of my life. And I am glad that my life has been preserved in two instances where the other driver had been drinking. There is a charity auction in their honor on ebay with all sales going to their family. Search beth&angels on ebay.com. And visit http://www.myspace.com/bhjlv to learn more about the family.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - that is so so so sad. I've looked on that website a couple of times. That just breaks my heart.

Alyse Burt said...

I know a girl who lost her husband and 4 month old baby because of a drunk driver. It makes me sick too. Thanks for letting us know about their website I think I'll hug my kids and husband a bit longer today!