Sunday, July 19, 2009

A new hobby.....

For those of you in RS on Sunday, you don't need to read any further....... unless you want to.

Two weeks ago Tuesday, I was feeling a little blue, probably hormonal, but nonetheless, I was throwing myself a pity party. Gary got home from work and after dinner we got into a bit of a discussion. Gary likes to hunt and fish, and I am glad he has those outlets to de-stress. I was telling him I wish I had something to help me "escape" from life. It boiled down to: I need a hobby.

And the following Tuesday I received my new "hobby." I will be serving the women in our ward (geographical area of our church in our town) as a Relief Society President. This is a huge responsibility and I am very humbled that the Lord would have me do this. I know it will be fun, rewarding, hard work, and time consuming.

What a better hobby to have, than serving others.

These girlies crack me up:


6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so excited to see you!!

Mommy Madness said...

I'm bummed I missed the announcement in person (we've been pretty sick), but CONGRATS!! You will be amazing!

Lara said...

Wow that's incredible! Congrats!

Jen and Mondel said...

That is one hobby that will keep you very busy. You'll do great!!

The Max Family said...

Amy Congrats you will do awesome in this calling ::) and Jill is darn cute she is growing up so very fast but is sure a doll :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm not sure if I've told you this before but you should check out givingbliss.com. I think you would get some good ideas and food for thought.