Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sickness......

As my sister was saying to me......We take our health for granted until we are sick.  And is this ever true.


Jill and I have been sick for most of the week.  Jill has had a cough and runny nose, while I have had a fever, aches, chills, runny nose, plugged ears, sore throat....need I go on?  Anyways, So mid week I start to feel better, spend a couple of hours in the yard and garden, and guess what, it is back with a vengeance.  Gary and my mom finally convinced me to go to the doctor, I didn't want to go cause they would just tell me to take a lot of fluids and rest.  And that is exactly what they told me.  Yet they did give me some cough syrup.  Did I mention that symptom above?  Nope I didn't,  I had a little cough last week, but it is gone.  So I am out a co-pay and have cough medicine for a cough I don't have.  Lovely.  So hear we sit on a Saturday afternoon, still sick, feeling sorry for ourselves and missing Gary/Daddy because he is working.   So I think we will have ice cream for a snack, and watch some movies and relax.  Isn't being sick great?  

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry you guys are sick!! Hopefully you are better soon.

Alyse Burt said...

There is not enough rest for sick mommy's, I swear that is why we stay sick longer! Hang in there!