Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jill is 1 today








Just 365 days ago, our little Jill surprised us and showed up way early! Of course we were estatic to see her, but she was in the NICU for the first week of life. So it wasn't the perfect experience we were expecting. Other than the first time they placed her in my arms, my second time seeing her was in her station hooked up to bunches of tubes and monitors. I tried all I could not to cry, but I couldn't hold back my fear. It was even worse because it was after visiting hours by the time we got to see her so Gary wasn't there with me to be with our little daughter. He says he wishes so much that he could have been there and couldn't sleep that whole night because he had to leave us there. But how many prayers were said for our little baby that first night, I don't know, but I know we were blessed. And now the happy, sweet little girl that is with us a year later is the greatest gift we could ask for. Happy Birthday Jill. We love you so much.


Black and White pic by Stephanie Crosby


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Jill!!! She's such a cutie!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jill! I agree, she is a cutie!

Katie said...

So sweet!